2020 STARBOARD SUP 9'0" X 28" LONGBOARD STARLITE
“AN EVOLUTION OF THE CLASSIC SURF SHAPE. SMOOTH, STYLISH, SIMPLE”
This SUP surf paddle board is inspired by our legendary Starboard Surf Longboard model, designed to perform in waves from 1ft small beach breaks to head high reef breaks. The boards offer fast down-the-line surfing, as well as the ability to perform in the critical section of the wave. These cutting-edge shapes are totally well received by our team riders and anyone who have tested them. Congrats to designer Ollie O’Reilly for setting his mark on the sport.
Fuller Nose Outline
Gives enough float and stability to ride toes on the nose for classic Longboard styling.
Gradual Nose Kick
- Ensures a smooth take off into waves without pearling.
- Relatively flat midsection delivers speed feeding into moderate tail kick for responsive turning.
Parallel straight outline in the midpoint provides a smooth fast glide that is easy to trim the board.
Low Volume Thinned Out Rails
- Easily engage with minimal foot pressure, giving control down the wave face and hold through steeper sections of the wave.
- Ultra responsive and sensitive to turn direction with speed and control.
Flat Deck and Mid Section
Flat deck improves stability and makes transitioning effortless from rail-to-rail allowing for drawn-out carves.
- Allows the board to roll onto its rail effortlessly to turn direction from the standing area.
- The pronounced vee tail makes turning very crisp and reactive, essential for fast bottom turns and of the top.
Narrow Diamond Tail
Is extremely reactive in bottom turns.
- After testing multiple fin positions, we chose to place the side fins very close to the rail. This enables carving with precision and hold through turns, while the center fin position gives tracking and drive.
- Can also be surfed as a single fin.
NEW Blue Carbon
LIGHTEST WEIGHT, BEST RESPONSE, STRONGEST BUILD
- Ultra lightweight Biax Carbon is laminated over the entire deck and rails for the best strength and flex.
- High-density End Grain Balsa covers the full bottom for incredible impact resistance and fatigue strength.
- High-density PET foam wraps the full deck and rails, minimising resin uptake and increasing overall hull strength.
- High-grade lightweight S-Glass wraps the full bottom.
PARABOLIC CARBON INNEGRA RAILS
- Scratch proof Parabolic Carbon Innegra rail.
- 3 x Glass T-stringers from the mid point forwards significantly increases strength against total breakage.
- A combination of different fiberglass densities wrap the entire hull for strength and durability.
- Australian pine on standing area for extra impact resistant and rigidity.
|Tail Width (Imperial)
|Tail Width (cm)
|Fin Set Up
||Center: 185; Side: 4.5"
||Center: 185; Side: 4.5"
|Weight Blue Carbon