The new 2021 refinements are faster and more efficient, yet maintains similar stability as the 2020 models.
The Sprint is not just Starboard’s fastest race board; it’s possibly the proven fastest board in the world, winning more races in the last 3+ years than any other board in the industry.
LIGHTST WEIGHT, DURABILITY, FLEX CONTROL
- Lightest and strongest race board construction is up to 500g lighter.
- Super light-weight biaxial carbon is laminated over the standing area and full bottom.
- While the stronger 150g Biaxial carbon wraps the nose and rail and the best strength ratio and efficient flex.
- High-density PVC is used in the standing area and full bottom maximizing strength.
NEW THICK AND SHARP BOXY NOSE
New squarer nose shape pops and slices through the water with ease. Angled nose design with sharp centre nose ridge and angled rails limits water wrapping around the nose for a more stable ride.
NEW 1 INCH NARROWER OUTLINE
FASTER SPEED, CLEANER STROKE
- The narrower outline accelerates faster and maintains a higher top speed due to the reduced wetted surface area, limiting friction and drag.
- The nose and tail outline remain the same width to retain stability and pop.
- Despite the narrow width, the size of the inside standing area remains the same as 2020 models.
NEW SHALLOWER BOTTOM CENTER CHANNEL
The shallower bottom channel helps the board lift faster, increasing acceleration and overall top speed.
NEW MORE TAIL KICK
The tail has slightly more tail kick, helping to lift the nose and manoeuvre in downwind bumps.
NEW EFFICIENT DRAINAGE
4 drainage holes help flush water out of the standing area as quickly as possible.
NEW DRAIN COVERS
- Stick on drain covers reduces water entering the standing tray, creates suction to remove any water inside, and has a smooth release when paddling.
- Sold separately aftermarket. Please contact your nearest Starboard shops.
CHAMFERED RAIL EDGE
Provides secondary stability to restrict the board from rolling.
FLAT SIDE PLANE
- Creates smoother glide and adds stability.
- Feel more controlled and less twitchy when switching between strokes.
Since the board is narrower, it sits lower in the water. The lost volume from the outline is redistributed onto the deck, making the shoulder rails higher for extra lift.
Raised overall profile maintains the Sprints linear glide and balanced trim, minimizing pitching with improved comfort and versatility to handle more challenging conditions.
The closed tail restricts water from flooding the tray when buoy turning and surfing, resulting in quicker acceleration and speed out of turns.
Flat tail creates a smooth release with less wake making it harder for others to draft.
STRAIGHT TAIL ANGLE
- Makes it easier for trimming and buoy turning when stepping back on the tail.
- The peak of the tail acts as a moulded tail kicker for comfortable and precise foot positioning to drive pivot turns.
CENTER HANDLE MOUNTS
Provide a balanced grip for carrying the board for beach starts.
FIN SET UP
Race Ultra 2.0 Fin supplied with all sizes for more direct tracking and stability.
NEW DUGOUT RAILS
Shaped for maximum stability, comfort and helps with balance in choppy conditions.
NEW STRAIGHT AND RAISED RAILS
- Prevents water from wrapping into the standing area, adding excess weight and drag.
- Improves stability due to the lower center of gravity.
NEW RAIL ANGLE
- Rails are angled outwards so, the widest point is at the top of the rail, and the narrowest outline is at the bottom.
- The wide top rail provides stability while the narrow planning surface reduces drag and increases overall speed.