Starboard Starshot Construction
A few years ago Starboard brought out a construction called AST White. This was born out of a need to consider price conscious paddlers and assist them with getting on the water. This construction was superb, very strong and lighter and they did this by just cutting back on fancy graphics, deckpad and glass fins. For 2014 and 2015 AST White was replaced with Starshot in a variety of colours such as Red and Blue. We are of the opinion that if it's not broke then don't fix it but Starboard are always looking for push to the next level and the Starshot construction gives the boards a deck pad and nicer graphics but still keeps the price down.
The Starshot is an excellent construction if you have limited on budget. The 11'2 Starboard Blend in Starshot is just £799 and that's brand new in the wrapper
STARBOARD QUALITY AT AN ATTRACTIVE PRICE.
- 20 kg/m3 fused, precision molded Cellcore for extra strength and water resistance.
- Multiple layers of high grade fiberglass is wetted out in epoxy resin, while a standing area of a 0.6mm uni-directional, Australian Pine wood layer is added for extra deck impact resistance and rigidity. All inserts have added reinforcements.
- 360º glass reinforced rails.
- 3/4 deck pads with crocodile skin texture.
- Full gloss rails.
- Our boards are all precision molded and the compression during molding ensures an extra hard, strong and precise outer surface.
- All Starshot models except for 2015 Touring boards are based on previous year shapes.